Wednesday, October 29, 2008

23 weeks 2 days

Update on my MFM appointment from today. My cervix is funneling right down to my cerclage stitches. My MFM told me that if I hadn't had the cerclage, I would have delivered by now. I think that was a little dramatic, as I have heard stories of rescue cerclages, etc., but I certainly am happy I have this added protection. I thought maybe if it went well today, I could treat myself to a quick stop at Old Navy for some more yoga pants (wow, my idea of fashion has changed a lot in the past couple of months), but no such luck, I am back on the couch and will be here until at some point, I get put in the hospital. There is good news though, Baby C is 1lb6oz and Baby B and Baby A are each 1lb3oz. He said they are looking great and still no signs of TTTS, so I believe we dodged a major bullet on this, although it is possible this could show up later. The ID's (A & B) are working a little harder at getting everything they need from their shared placenta, but the overall cordflow is fine, Baby C is completely normal. I am so happy they are doing well. My MFM told me not to worry about how much weight I am gaining and to keep on eating. As for weight, I have gained about 44 lb's and I probably have about 20 more to go, wow!

A little bit about names for the girls, we have picked them out and are super excited about them, but have decided not to tell anyone until they are here, so even though we can't surprise people with the sexes, which is what we planned with a singleton pregnancy, at least people will get a surprise with the names. Don't worry, they are not going to be named Apple or Pear or anything like that.

I also have to extend a special thanks to all of our friends and family who have brought over food and have brought me news of the big world outside as my butt becomes permanently affixed to the couch. I love you all and really appreciate your help getting through this miraculous, once in a lifetime, crazy experience.

By the way only six more days until the election, I am pretty darn ecstatic that very likely our daughters will be born in the same year that a bi-racial American is elected to the White House and even more importantly that we can create some real changes where we need it most in this country. I hope everyone can get out and vote next Tuesday. I already have through my absentee ballot, wow, I must say that is the way to go, no lines, no wait, no rush, maybe I will do this every election.

1 comment:

Kristen and Kiko said...

Girl, you and I are trying to race to that finish line too early aren't we!?!?! I'm glad we both have those cerclages and I hope we can keep all these little girls inside us longer! Can you believe between the two of use we have FIVE girls!!! LOL! Oh yeah...GO OBAMA!! HUGS honey!!